Monday, May 15, 2006

I´ve been hearing that people are actually reading this blog. I find that rather amusing, but in a surprised, gleeful, pleasant kind of way. And so I will continue.

The kids first few days in school have been fairly good. They enjoy meeting up with some old friends and teachers. It will be a month in which they learn lots--both academically and also how to do things they don´t want to because they have to. As in homework. Also my secret is out in that since Keanan is the third child he still doesn´t have his alphabet down pat. So much for a brilliantly homeschooled child. But at least we can work on it now that Mommy is sufficiently embarrassed into action.

My internet connection is slower than molasses in winter and I have spent far too long this evening moving from one page to another. At least I've been able to multi-task and get some book reading in, laundry, dishes, phone call..... But the end result is that it´s later than I wanted in order to still finish off my day´s chores. I want to read some more in my book L'Abri by Edith Schaeffer. I finished the kid's book I had picked up yesterday to pre-read for my daughter. It is called Wild Geese Flying. Can´t remember the author. Published in the 50's I think. I recommend it. We bought 32 books at the library sale plus a few free ones. Bronwyn´s in heaven but Keanan´s upset that there are only two picture books. What are you reading?

No comments: