Friday, February 09, 2007



Day 3 of playing Antarctica in the backyard. It's been snowing for days now--light, fluffy stuff that hardly accumulates due to the wind that's also blowing. I think there have been more snow days this week than not in the public school world. The children have been quick to discover the joys of snow tunnels, hiking through the "Antarctic" with their snowshoe poles. Not the snowshoes. They haven't mastered those yet. They've dug holes, built forts and "tonka boards" (who knows?) and have generally enjoyed themselves silly. Me too, in my quiet little house with a cup of coffee in one hand and a book or computer in the other.


This morning while the chilluns have been working on math and Spanish I've spent time finding some cool math sites. This one has to do with Valentine's Day. http://www.googolpower.com/content/free-learning-resources/valentines-math

It all started out by looking for some good bread baking websites. Got a little sidetracked. In the meantime I just pulled out my own recipe and "whipped-up" some cinnamon buns. Very tasty. Eat with cheese and I can call it lunch.

No comments: