Sunday, August 24, 2008

A weekend alone


With Pieman away and the kidlets sleeping over, it's been a different kind of weekend than I usually have. It has been enjoyable although I don't think I would like it full-time. I like being with my family. I like that we are a family. That said, I enjoyed getting curtains made and up ALL IN ONE DAY. I also made plans that involved dinner and a movie with friends and staying up till midnight just for fun. But there weren't any cuddles, or silly mealtimes. I did, though, get to stand up for my meal, or sit down if I wanted to. I made lunch and ate it in stages as each bit was ready and while I waited I ate a chocolate bar. Chocolate, potato pancakes, chocolate, curry and potato, chocolate, corn on the cob, chocolate.

I am thankful for the chance for a break, I will love it when they come home.

No comments: