Tuesday, September 09, 2008

I can't go to bed.

I painted the floor that is between here and there. I'm hoping it dries quickly with the fan on it. Tomorrow I can move all the stuff back onto it but for tonight I get to still trip over things that are out of place. Not that I'll be going anywhere during the night across that sticky paint. If I have to I'll be able to get to my bed by going outside and through the side door. But I won't make any midnight trips to the loo that way.





So here I am, you lucky people!





Three of us had passport photos taken today. Why do I always forget to put my head in the more flattering position? And since my hair is blonde and fine, that white background makes it seem to disappear and I look scraggly. Ugh. The kidlets are cute by default but their shots aren't much better. Shh. Don't tell the grandparents.





Before going to our morning's appointment and then the photo shoot, the kids tried to chase the uncooperative (and very smart) chicken back into the coop from whence she had escaped when they went in to feed her. We left her out. One of the hens has taken to digging up my hosta garden so they've been confined again. They're much happier when they can run around though so I may have to build a fence or something. Happy chickens lay more eggs. The renegade came back at suppertime.





Only 4 more days till Pieman comes back.





Some shots I like from our nature walk the other day:


We stopped our bikes for this one. He didn't like the camera so close. First he tried to make like a leaf, then he put his dukes up, then figured the best thing was escape and scuttled away. We let him to. Figured the road wasn't a very safe place for him anyway.


Standing up straight like little soldiers at attention.

Why do I take pictures of fungus? I suppose 'cause it's so weird. This is just a cool shot. The weird fungus didn't look so weird on camera.

I love this one. I suppose it's my mother's heart. They look so independent.

No comments: