Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Yellow tomatoes float through my dreams as I start research on how to can the non-red tomatoes. Yellow spaghetti sauce? Doesn't work for me.

I had had visions of bushels of tomatoes filling my bowls and spilling out onto the counters. The reality has been that the weather has not been that warm this summer and the tomatoes have drifted in in manageable waves after each warmer day or two. Some are now frozen, some are dried, some are roasted and frozen and all have tasted really nice. There's nothing quite like a fresh from the vine still warm tomato exploding taste into your mouth.


Some of the oh-so-pretty and even tastier cherry tomatoes we've been fortunate to enjoy this summer.

Gladiolas leftover from a pig roast on Saturday serendipitously made their way to our house. It's a huge bouquet! and gorgeous.



.

No comments: