Sunday, April 17, 2011

update



Preserved lemons are yummy.

I've added them to rice dishes, to stew, to salads. I've mixed them in with the reheated combination-of-leftovers-concoction-to-clear-out-the-fridge. They helped immensely.

I have transferred them from their pretty mason jars to a plastic container in the fridge since I think the lemon juice acid might rust the jar
lid. And since they keep months or more in the fridge I'm sure to get through them before they go bad. Seriously, there is a lot of lemon juice in that jar. I am so glad I tried these.

In other news...we have snow. I grew up in New Brunswick and the final blast of winter always came in the form of a "St. Patrick's Day snowstorm." Well, this year, we've had Saints Patrick, Brendan, George, Fred, Mary...(ok, I'm making up the names now but do you hear my frustration?) Enough said on that.


All this crazy weather sure makes us wish we were back in Costa Rica....

I don't know what kind of flower this is but it's startling.



No comments: