Monday, March 05, 2012

I missed February

no posts in February

It's tempting to set the date on this to February just so there's a post. But I won't. I will say that I've been concentrating on writing in my journal more. And writing letters by hand sent with a real stamp. I love the feel of a pen in my hand, the ink flowing smoothly out. I dislike the feel of a blotchy or scratchy pen. I love seeing words form on paper and how a change in the paper or pen can make a difference in how I write. I love the sense of clarity that comes to my thoughts as I write them and read, often realising my opinion is clear when I thought it confused, or that my arguments or reasons sound just plain silly when they're said "out loud."

Which is the explanation of why I didn't blog in February.

5 comments:

Sandpiper said...

Oooh, a real stamp! What a novelty!
I love a smooth pen too! Have you tried Earth Write pencils by Paper Mate? Very smooth, for a pencil.
I used to journal a lot...well, you know. Like most things it has fallen by the wayside with the progression of children.

los cinco nomads said...

Grin.
They'll grow.
Then life will be different again.
I haven't used those pencils, have been using a technical-style pen lately. It feels like real ink.

janimarie said...

And the next best thing to actually feeling that flow of pen/pencil on stationery paper - is seeing that genuinely stamped envelope arriving in your actual mail box! Not a hint - just a thanks for the reminder.

janimarie said...

And the next best thing to actually feeling that flow of pen/pencil on stationery paper - is seeing that genuinely stamped envelope arriving in your actual mail box! Not a hint - just a thanks for the reminder.

los cinco nomads said...

agreed!