Sunday, February 22, 2009

I forgot to pick up my library book. I had put it on hold weeks ago and then waited. I even forgot which book it was (and still can't remember!). Someone had a big fine to pay. The library phoned Tuesday to say it was in and that I had until Saturday to pick it up. I knew that I was going to be in town Thursday evening--plenty of time. But I didn't plan for the snowstorm or the onslaught of runny noses, including my own lethargic state.

OK, lethargy for me isn't that uncommon in the cold of winter but it helps the story.

I snapped awake from my wee nap on the couch this afternoon with the sinking remembering that I had forgotten to pick up the book. I really wanted to read it too. Now I'll have to pay $0.50 for not picking it up and try to remember what it is called so I can take it out before someone else does. Thankfully I do have it written down. It was something about learning or how the brain works or using our brains to learn or....maybe it's time I read it.

No comments: