Thursday, February 02, 2006

A New Day

I just read a friend's blog for the first time. She writes every day!

And I read my sister's email that encourages me to read a book in the sunshine while eating chocolate. Good advice for everyone!

Lucy the cat is cuddly this morning after having spent the night under the house last night. My boys are up and ready for the day, while Bronwyn is still in bed likely reading a book. I got to belay a group of climbers yesterday but realized hours later that I didn't get to climb. It made a full day of school fuller but we all had a good time. Today I plan on finishing up yesterday's loose ends and getting ready for my sister to visit tomorrow! Yay! We plan on climbing Chirripo, visiting Arenal and perhaps Tortugera and who knows what else. Botanical gardens, children's museum, beaches...the ideas are limitless. For sure I want to meet the sun on top of Muerte.

My beautiful daughter is due to have two teeth pulled tomorrow. Yuck. Then she starts "treatment" and "manipulation" of her upper jaw. What fun. But hopefully this will prevent surgery in a few years.

Camp, I haven't mentioned that yet. It's still here! We have a really good group in this week. They are learning to train leaders to work with young people. They've got more energy than I've seen anywhere except in J.F. from Wales. We're enjoying having them here. We've also started morning staff devotions and that's proving to be a good time of connecting with each other each day, as well as encouraging each other to keep the faith.

Breakfast time.

No comments: