Friday, March 27, 2009

tonight my daughter played


Posted by Picasa
The story of where we got this piano happened so fast it hardly seems real. Except for the evidence: the heavy, solid, almost wider than doorways evidence.
Pieman and I have long wanted our kids to take music lessons. The other evening in a brief conversation as we drifted off to sleep, Pieman suggested that we try to track down a piano anyway even if the lessons don't come yet. Sure, I yawned. A few days later I remembered and sent a quick email to a couple of friends mentioning we were looking for a "if you come and get it it's yours" type of deal. Within hours Pieman received a phone call about this piano. The funny part though was that he had not realized that I had sent out the email. He'd been at work, had just walked in the door and answered the phone while I worked on supper. I hear a strange side to the conversation. "Are you asking me or telling me?" (Sounds like a telemarketer and he's got Pieman at a bad moment.) Then a laugh. Then some personal remarks. (Not a telemarketer? Someone he knows. But WHAT are they talking about?) Turns out they've arranged to pick up the piano in two days. Four guys, big heavy piano up a steep flight of stairs, a flurry to return to their homes and eat or release their wives from kid duty to attend their various events (at which I also was in attendance and hurried, burning my tongue on my soup in the process.)
Do I say thank you? or I'm sorry?
Thank you.
.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, we got a piano too! I keep meaning to put it on my blog and just haven't got around to it yet.
Would love it if we could find a teacher who comes to our house.
B

los cinco nomads said...

I'd love to see your piano. Is it in the living room? Our piano room has a door...It was the only option for a room but the door makes a nice feature at times!

Sandy Rusby Bell said...

What wonderful news!

Can't wait to hear it.