Friday, March 13, 2009

What do we do now? is the wail.

I know he is asking which book shall we start now that we have finished reading both The Fellowship of the Ring and Walk In My Woods. But my reply is, "cry?" as I leave the path in the woods that has led me through the life of my Aunt Margaret and her family, which is my family. And on a broader scale, I have seen God at work through generations of people who have loved him, who have been impacted by others who have loved him and who in turn impact others.

I am older now since I read it last. I understand so much more. I hear more in the words on the page; Margaret Epp said more in her sentences than she actually wrote.

I have been deeply moved and thus deepened. So have my children in proportion to their age, just as I was the first time I read Aunt Margaret's story. This is how we learn and grow, in stages, as we are able to absorb and stretch. The prayer is that we never become rigid.

.

No comments: