Wednesday, July 02, 2008

My friend wants to post this picture of my first attempt at watercolour. I figured I should get it up too. She and I were just two of a group of Canadians who drove or flew to North Carolina to attend a Charlotte Mason conference at the Gardner Webb University. I was invigorated by the ideas that flowed, envelopped and pulled me to new levels of knowledge to apply to our homeschool. OK, it was a time when us CM geeks got to yak to our hearts' content on the finer and minute details of a Charlotte Mason education. I love the results in our home.

Anyway, one of the sessions that I did not attend but my friend did was on nature study and watercolour painting. She taught me the technique and we spent an evening working on our flowers. She has, of course, come home and taught it to her children and they have all done wonderful paintings of pansies. I have yet to have this privilege. Others from the group have involved their children in learning poetry and also in painting. Each of us has sensed the growing momentum of a group of people keen on learning more. There was even a teacher from Korea in attendance!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Great watercolour - but I think you already knew my thoughts about it.
Blessings