Tuesday, July 22, 2008


Two things are holding me back right now.


  1. The belt on my vacuum cleaner is broken and I don't know if I can fix it....that is to say I have not looked at the machine to see if I can figure out how to change the belt. I have the new one.

  2. The cabinet that I want to move is too heavy for me. There is also a chain of furniture that will need to be moved before I can move the cabinet I want to move--each shuffled along until it finds its proper spot to make my home run more smoothly.

And so instead I check email and my favourite blogs and websites. I consider putting the coffee on and eating a brownie. I could just ask Pieman to help me but he's behind in his work and not recovered fully from the flu that laid him low this weekend. He won't want to move a heavy cabinet. From my computer I can see the general untidyiness that I had wanted to address but that brings me back to the vacuum cleaner. And so I start again! Better change my thoughts and come up with something different to do. I'm sure the laundry is ready to be hung out. And then I'll take a cup of coffee to Pieman. By then I'll be outside and able to enjoy the day and my garden. Isn't distraction a useful parenting technique?

Not my garden. Pretty, non?

No comments: